What a fantastic interview!
We had a wide ranging and super-practical conversation. Some of what we discussed:
- How it can be work to tend to spirituality.
- What to do when you “don’t feel like it.”
- The Psalms as being an anchor for spirituality
- doing less, better
- How to engage spiritually when you are so busy and distracted
- Limited fasting, including a discussion of how fasting works.
- Simple suggestions for how to practically live out kindness and generosity.
- Living with integrity
- The connections between service and prayer
- Getting out of a “spiritual rut.”
- Being consistent with your kids/family
Resources, Links, People mentioned in this episode:
- Matthew Ruttan’s Blog
- UP Devo by Matthew Ruttan
- UP Devo Facbook Page
- Westminster Presbyterian Church in Barrie
- Mini Habits
- John Ortberg
- Craig Groeschel
- RightNow Media
- Orange Idea
Get Some Tips in Staying Connected With God
So many people struggle with staying consistent in their devotional life. Here are 6 tips I've learned that can help you get back to a consistent time with God. Some are quick and easy, others will take you deeper.
Just let me know where to send it.