Rev. Dr. Ross Lockhart is Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Missional Leadership at St. Andrew’s Hall. Ross serves as the Presbyterian Director of Denominational Formation at Vancouver School of Theology as well as an Adjunct Professor of Homiletics at St. Mark’s College, UBC. He also teaches regularly at Regent College.
In this interview we discuss:
- What ministry students need in terms of their spirituality, and the importance of deep prayer practices.
- A new monastic experiment at St. Andrew’s Hall called The Salt Light House.
- What do pastors need to do to help people in congregations learn and live out spiritual practices?
- Embracing a teaching liturgy in worship & why it’s important to explain what is going on in worship.
- Being in community as a spiritual practice & the problem of isolation
- What it means for all Christians to be gathered as disciples (learners), and sent out as apostles (sent-ones).
- Family meals, family worship, family movie night
- The importance of prayer, scripture reading, and the connection between spirituality and exercise
- The connection between fatigue, stress, and “spiritual ruts.”
- Resetting yourself with God through Pilgrimage and prayer walks.
Links and Resources for this Episode
- Ross Lockhart’s official bio – http://vst.edu/people/rev-dr-ross-lockhart
- Centre for Missional Leadership at St. Andrew’s Hall – http://standrews.edu/passion/cml/
- Vancouver School of Theology – http://vst.edu/
- Regent College – http://www.regent-college.edu/
- St. Andrew’s Hall – http://standrews.edu/
- St. Mark’s College – http://stmarkscollege.ca/
- Evangelism for Normal People by John Bowen – http://amzn.to/2pW9ZZn
- St. Peter’s Fireside in Vancouver – https://www.stpetersfireside.org
- The Meeting House – https://www.themeetinghouse.com/
- Bruxy Cavey – http://www.bruxy.com/
- Trans Canada Trail – https://thegreattrail.ca/
Get Some Tips in Staying Connected With God
So many people struggle with staying consistent in their devotional life. Here are 6 tips I've learned that can help you get back to a consistent time with God. Some are quick and easy, others will take you deeper.
Just let me know where to send it.